Effective as of February 15, 2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Through your use of our Site and Services, we may collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual, relates to you as an identifiable individual, or that, along with other information, could identify you (“Personal Information”). We collect the following types of Personal Information.
Information Provided By You:
We need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Site. We collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Create an account. When you create an account on our Site, you will need to provide your name, email address, and agency information.
- Enroll in our Child Welfare Academy. When you enroll, you will need to provide us with name, email address, payment card information, and agency information.
- Purchase from our shop. When you make a purchase on our Site, you will need to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment card information, and agency information.
- Enroll in onsite workshops. When you enroll in an onsite workshop, you will provide us with your name, email address, title, agency information, address, phone number, name preference for ID badge, and payment preference.
- Interact with our Site or Services. When you send us feedback, comments, questions, or interact with us in any way, you will need to provide your name and email address.
Information Automatically Collected From You:
We may automatically collect the following types of information as you use our Site or Services:
- Usage Information. Which pages on our Site you access, the frequency of access, what you click on while on our Site and when you accessed the Site.
- Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. Information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and IP addresses.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information to provide the Services to you, to improve our Site and Services, and to protect our legal rights. We limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is relevant for these purposes. We will not store, access, transmit, retain, or otherwise use Personal Information in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or stored as described in this notice without use consent. We use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Create your account.
- Enroll you or your agency in an e
- Process your transactions for purchases and course enrollments.
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services, to send you account updates or other communications regarding your account, or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services.
- Provide Site user support.
- Communicate about new Services and offers that may be of interest to you.
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services.
- Defend our rights and the rights of others.
- Efficiently maintain our business.
- Comply with applicable law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
We share your Personal Information among our entities, in connection with a corporate restructuring, to prevent harm, to comply with the law, and to protect our legal rights. In order to better serve you, we also share your Personal Information with our service providers that help us perform Site functions. We may also share your Personal Information with service providers that help us provide you with the Services, such as processing your purchases and course enrollments.
CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Access, correct, or view your information. You may use your account to access, correct, or view certain Personal Information you provided to us and which is associated with your account. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, correct, or view your information.
- If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our Site or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
- Do Not Track. We take no action in response to “Do Not Track” requests received from user’s web browsing software.
- Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Promotional Emails. You can opt-out of marketing and promotional emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails you receive from us.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. Our security includes industry-standard physical, administrative, and technology-based measures. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee is absolute security.
THIRD PARTY LINKS