This package is being offered on the following dates: (This is a single-session package)
Here’s what we’ll examine during our time together:
The Words & Pictures Explanations process helps kids understand what happened to cause child protection’s involvement in their life, so that we can meaningfully engage kids in the development and monitoring of the safety plan. Once the Words and Pictures Explanation has been developed in partnership with the parents we can share it with the children.
This Learning Lab is designed to help participants:
- Work in partnership with families to share the Words & Pictures Explanations with children.
- Learn new questioning skills and techniques that can help practitioners in their day-to-day work.
Who should attend this package?
- Front-line Child Welfare Workers
- Child Welfare Supervisors
- Managers, Leaders, Stakeholders
Before participating in this package, participants should attend a:
- 2-day Signs of Safety Overview
- 5-day Advanced Signs of Safety Residency or Words & Pictures Explanation Workshop