This package is being offered on the following dates: (This is a single-session package)
Here’s what we’ll examine during our time together:
Often, kids are confused and have lots of questions about why child protection is involved in their life or why they are in foster care. The Words & Pictures explanation process helps kids understand what happened to cause child protection’s involvement. A critical part of the process is for the child protection agency to engage the parents in developing this shared explanation for the children.
This Learning Lab will help participants:
- Work in partnership with families to create Words & Pictures Explanations
- Learn new questioning skills and techniques that can help practitioners engage parents in developing the Words and Pictures Explanation
Who should attend this package?
- Front-line Child Welfare Workers
- Child Welfare Supervisors
- Managers, Leaders, Stakeholders
Before participating in this package, participants should:
- 2-day Signs of Safety Overview